“Who are you?” If you can answer this question truthfully, then you can define what you want in life.
Too many people are challenged with self confidence. The person who finds it difficult to adjust in many aspects of life has insecurity as its root. There are individuals who live for the approval and acknowledgement of other people.
Yet, the sooner one realizes that happiness does not depend on external stimuli, the earlier a person comes to terms with changing this perspective.
Insecurity makes a person destitute. It is not difficult to notice those who are insecure.
How is insecurity manifested?
1. One who becomes overly accommodating. Some crave for praise & approval of other people that they submerge their own identity and individuality. That is Too Much Compromise and it backfires on the person who is too nice.
2. One is overly sexual. Now this. I have been observing people who make it a point to perfect their diet plans, exercise regimen, flaunt their curvy body, their butt, and are quite too sensual in their choice of clothing. Most of these people have actually gone through serious trouble with their relationships and are unhappy with the way they ended up.
3. One who is excessively competitive. I once met a person who needed to topple everyone so she can shine. Confidence in a person allows the acceptance of winning or losing with gracefulness.
4. Materialism. Some want to blind others by excessive buying of things that are difficult to afford. They go to expensive places, travel to here and there or acquire things in a short span of time. Proving oneself is a dangerous thing because one can get trapped in over spending and become buried in financial dilemma for that. One does not have to showoff to be accepted by people. One doesn’t have to glitter, have a nice car or live in luxury to become sensible in life.
5. They have a series of abusive relationships. Insecure people, while they may not acknowledge it, are trapped in abusive relationships. No one wants to be alone, we believe in that. Yet, when one jumps from one person to another so easily, there are abandonment issues that needed to be straightened up in the person. A secure person does not seek a “savior” person to end another bad relationship. It might come to a point that the wrong ones become the right ones in haste. A few episodes later will prove the new chosen person to be another sour pick. Secure people are not afraid of leaving abusive relationships because they know they do not deserve that kind of treatment from a life partner.
Insecurity brings evil to every aspect of life. No one is free from insecurity, because no one is not free from doubt. But Confidence can only be attained when one has gained wisdom, and wisdom usually comes with age. That is the purpose of aging- to gain insights from experience. Wisdom teaches one to manage life a little better than the past.
May you have the courage to stand for yourself & get out from this kind of oppression. Blessings!